Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yum

 For the poor around the world fret not for no matter what corner of the globe you find your self there is cheap noodles not so far away. Check this college boy meal out, my first taste of cheap noodles here. These bad boys are even selling me on the "Simple Goodness" and "No artificial colours or flavors" Sweet as!

This is where you ask, now why would this well to do computer programmer be eating such rubbish. To which I would respond: Fuck'n hell, no matter what salary you make here it's just not enough ;) In all reality I was just way too preoccupied this week to make it to the store: reporting stolen road bike, buying a car, working a shitload to cover for holiday when Jen comes out, planning a road trip, riding, and buying some previously owned books. More to come on each of these topics…

I've got to remember to buy some replacement noodles for my flat mates, shhhh I took these w/o asking. Well I really couldn't have asked anyone anyway because I've been left alone, again... So I've been in the flat now, maybe 3 months? In that time I have seen one flat mate, lets call him Michael Burns, twice and spoke to him once. My other flat mate, AKA Tom Smith (go figure I'd find the only Smith in NZ!), travels for work and has been here a total of maybe 3-4 weeks. This makes for a lonely flat :( I like my place very much but damn someone to say hi to at the end of the day would be nice. Maybe I'll order me one of them mail order girls from Russia. I’m good, some more messages from ya’ll would be great HINT HINT.

I’ve got send props out to Momz, there is no way I would be able to be here and keep all my shit together back in Utah. Love you mom!

 Bike, ug well she’s gone and I miss her! This last weekend my road bike was taken from outside a friends flat, seriously people! Nope the bike goes have still not forgotten me :( I filed a claim today and got a replacement quote for around $5,999 NZD. I have a $250 excess (deductible) and they are going to depreciate the bike. Since it is a 2002 frame and I put all new components on it in 07 and 08 they had better not screw me. I've put some watches on TradeMeand put the word out to a few bike shops. I figure I'll go check out the police station for seized bikes every couple weeks for a bit.

Car, a 1996 Subaru Grand Wagon AKA Outback. It has 145,000km on the odometer pretty good for that year right? It seems to run good but I’ve not really driven it. I bought it yesterday and it’s been parked since LOL perhaps I’ll use it this weekend. I’m hoping to do a bit of a road trip maybe 100-300km to see how it goes. They don’t clean their cars much around these parts. Every vehicle I saw hadn’t been vacuumed in what seemed to be a year. Even after buying this car they did not clean it, Gosh! I’ll be making this baby mine if it survives the weekend. Wish us luck.

Holy hell I can't keep blathering on like this all night; that reminds me of a certain girl friend of mine. If you want know the rest you'll just have to email me or wait for me to get bored again.

Cheerio's mate

No comments: