Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day Trip with Marek and my new rig!

So here she is my NZ girl, what shall I name her? I bought this 1996 Subaru Legacy Grand Wagon AKA Outback. I was told she is green, right? ;) She treated us very well today easily cruising up over a few big hills and taking the winding corners w/o a squeal. Not so great on petrol consumption 11L/100Km. Marek said it best, "Dis is not so good." Marek is a partner in crime here in NZ. He has relocated here from Czech and will be staying until his visa is up next Nov. He's a good guy and hard to understand sometimes but we manage pretty good.

So I ask Marek to head out on this road trip with me to the beach. I was having a look see at the map a couple days before and picked out this place. When I told Marek he said he had been there a few times already and loved it. These are his pics.


This here is the scene when we first roll up. I'm already in love. NZ has such character. "Home of lost soles." How suiting, there are so many soles and souls here from all around the world. I have met many people that have come to this country to escape what is the rat race most of us live on the daily... I'm one of them and loving it but home will probably always be the SLC for me.


These next two pictures show where we are heading and coming back down. To the left of us you can see the hill in the background that we are about to climb. The climb looks like more work than it actually was, we made it up and down in about an hour with a sandwich break and watching the waves on the other side.



To the left is my favorite picture of the day. I took some time with this one, I hope it captures you as the scene did me. Click here to see the rest of the album from this trip.


View Larger Map

1 comment:

brettok said...

dude that looks awesome, never been thre myself... next time you're doin something like this, give me a bell.