Saturday, October 4, 2008

Biking gives me such a high!


And the beatings continue! Hey BW, you would have enjoyed watching this crash. Yet another dumb rob move. So we're coming down this hill on Mount Victoria, AKA Mt. Vic, pretty fast and of course it's been raining. Well at the bottom of this hill is a right turn going up on some asphalt... need I say more? So here I am doing about mach 1 w/ mud on my tires, which I'm very aware, there's asphalt which is wet of which I'm also aware. Putting all this data together when my brain has been racked over the last month just wasn't happening. So there I go front tire looses traction my ankle hits first then my knee, shoulder and finally a loud crack which was thankfully my helmet and not my skull. OK well that was a fun show for all the new MTB riders I've met today. If they ride w/ me some more they'll be seeing much more of that. I'm an idiot most days...
I'd been pretty bummed about not having some close tracks to my flat until now. I rode this area when I first got here but was just kinda winging it. The trails I took sucked and of course it was raining a lot harder hen and everything was slippery. Todays ride was a preride for next weeks race which I'm not going to make because I'm heading off to Tongariro w/ some friends should be sweet as! Tongariro Crossing

Wow aren't you lucky, two postings in two days!

Now for some more brain food and study :D

robel robel

2 comments:

B said...

How drunk were you? ;)

brettok said...

nice work... I look forward to witnessing your 'style' over the coming months.