Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Robinator


So I met some friends while staying @ the backpacker that invited me to play a game called squash. I've heard of the game but didn't know anything about it. So if you're like me let me now learn you. Think racket ball w/ a ball the size of a foosball but rubber, a tennis racket that is slightly narrower and more rules.
I've played a couple games of racketball, OK a few games in one day, but still, I'm pretty athletic and can run around swinging a paddle like some loon. The first game was a total lose, 1-9 against Chris and Irish blok :( Second game, was not much better , I scored three right towards the end; I think the French guy gave me those.
But the third game was all me, this girl Ali, was also new so I was able to crush her w/ sheer strength :) Now that's better!
Feeling better about my game ;) I played another Frenchy, this was a much better match for me, back and forth both of us scoring. On game point 5-8 I turned my ankle, not f'n cool. I haven't done this in a couple year and thought that I was over those days. I called the rest of the game and went out to elevate my foot. Frenchy didn't have another player since Conner was chatting away w/ chris. I was feeling like a puss because I took this guys win away by "faking" and injury; at least that is what I would have thought since I wasn't reeling on the ground in agony. So I sucked it up and went back to finish. I wasn't feeling a sharp shooting pain so I knew it wouldn't be that bad, lets just hope it doesn't happen again. Those damn wood floors just grab your feet some times!
I was feeling good and we went back and forth a few times until it was 8-8 and I make the final score! Booya kasha! With a real win under my belt I was ready to bring the pain to another and I hadn't yet played Conner. Conner is pretty good but I was hot! My serves were just so that it was hard to get a strong return and I was banking like I had all the money in the world! That final game ended 2-9, o ya watch out all you pro squash playaz Bob-o is rock'n the plexyglass...

Now I'm sitting on the couch stuffing chips in my snout, writing to you and icing. Thanks for reading peeps ;)

Remember kids, if you uncle Harry asks you to touch it, pull as hard as you can :D

2 comments:

B said...

Netball next?

La Hamburgler (Rob Lingstuyl) said...

Netball are you crazy, the girls would kill me!