Sunday, January 25, 2009

Wellington Cup

A day @ the races. These pictures are from my day at the "Wellington Cup," the biggest social event in New Zealand... Well, at least as far as these promoters are concerned. There was even a showing from the Prime Minister saying how great an event this is... everyone person that spoke said the same bla bla. It's the people watching and good friends that made sitting in the sun for 5 hours all worth while!
I only bet once, felt it and didn't win :( We took a picnic and snuck in a Russians share of Vodka (Just a joke my friends) Vodka has been the drink of choice as of late; Wadka as I call it which is actually a slaughter house in the Slovakian language hehe. I could use a Spake'n!
The line to get a drink was a hour long, than god there were 4 of us that took turns waiting because each person could only get 4 drinks and w/ that long of a wait in line everyone was double double fist'n LOL sure wish I would have got a snap shot of that... Anyway, check out the pics that I liked from this event.

Click for pics of this event.

1 comment:

bron said...

Hey Rob
I'm still away on holidays (tough i know) but expecting to be home this wknd. Currently at Cape Jackson in the Marlborough Sounds - its owned by my brothers father in law. My bro has built a house out here (old woodshed conversion) and used to live here full time for years. Now they live in town and spend only summer out here. check it out: http://www.truenz.co.nz/wilderness/

Catch you soon...
bron