Saturday, November 29, 2008

For names sake


Well it was bound to happen one day, I have had my first Krumping experience. Man it was wild; crazy faces and arms flying everywhere. Pretty cool aye! So before you'll start thinking oo he's sick I can't believe rob would do such a thing... I said Krumpting not crumping, GOSH! I am so upset that I didn't have my camera, I had just taken it out after returning from the beach :(

Wandering up on this was just good luck, I was having some drinks my friend Lisa and walking her to the concert she had tickets when we saw a large group of Mauri kids all grouped together. Lisa headed off to her show and I had time to burn... so I went to check it out and it looked to me like a break battle but these kids sucked at breaking! I thought huh well maybe the kids on this side of the world don't have skillz? I asked one of the youngsters, prob 17, what was up and what they were doing. He informed me of the style of Krumping, it's heritage from Cali, and that this was a battle of two crews for a name. Crew A had given a new name to one of it's members, Killa. Said crew wasn't aware of crew B which already had a Killa so they were there to battle for the right to keep the name. The battle included Killa, Twin Killa, Twin, and some other crony... Anyway, I wasted a good hour watching these guys throw down. This style of dance fits really well w/ the Mauri culture since it allowed the kids to kinda dance like their tribal ancestors and make faces like them when they do their cultural performances.

Both crews were having a good time, in good spirits and not at all menacing which to me was sweet as

Check it out here on youtube

Cold Killa out

No comments: